[Samba] WG: Windows vista ultimate samba 3.0.31

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Aug 18 14:10:24 GMT 2008

I found the solution:

I tried the srvmgr tool from microsoft to get connected to my samba 3
domain (from an XP client).
And this tool told me the same "There is no PDC found for your domain.
You may go on but but your rights may be
Restricted." As I logged on I saw that both my PDC and BDC where BDCs.
I stopped my BDC. Logged on to my PDC and remembering that I had also
smbd4wins running on the same machine
I restarted smbd4wins and then samba  and everithing worked fine. I
could join the vista client to the domain on the fly.