[Samba] Samba and Vista Home Prem login problems

Brad Sacks bradsacks99 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 16:22:09 GMT 2008

I have a simple peer to peer setup with security = user. I only have
two machines, one Vista and one Linux. I have two shares, one is the
tmp folder and I enabled public access, the other is a user owned
folder with read, write and execute permissions. I can see my Samba
shares from my Vista machine and I can access the tmp folder, but I
can't log on to the user protected one. I have encrypted passwords and
password level 8. I used force user in the share definition. I can map
the drive, but I can't access it.

When I try smbclient -L \\Mybox\share -Uuser I can connect to it from
the samba machine. I'm sort of at a loss now. I've tried a lot of
stuff. Any ideas would be appreciated.