[Samba] Re: What affects file locking?

Doug Germann 76066.515 at CompuServe.com
Fri Aug 15 02:53:52 GMT 2008

Jeremy Allison <jra <at> samba.org> writes:

> > Jeremy--
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > You are right--between Ubuntu and WinXP, the files are locked appropriately.
> >
> > But how do I get these byte-range locks between the Ubuntu clients? I have
> > searched in Google and on Ubuntuforums without luck.
>
> The application should ask for them via the fcntl API. I'm pretty sure
> OpenOffice does do this. How are you mounting the Samba server from
> the Ubuntu boxes ? CIFSFS does pass along byte range locks.
>
> Jeremy.

> The application should ask for them via the fcntl API. I'm pretty sure
> OpenOffice does do this. How are you mounting the Samba server from
> the Ubuntu boxes ? CIFSFS does pass along byte range locks.
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy--

Thanks for helping me.

>From /etc/fstab:
//samba1/vol22        /sam/vol22  cifs
rw,user,credentials=/[hidden],uid=doug,gid=data      0       0

Doing some poking in man files I found a reference to -o mand for fcntl.
 Would it help to add that to fstab? Where? Or should it go in
the server's fstab? Or both?

Thanks so much, Jeremy!

			:- Doug.