[Samba] Printing XP -> 3.2 Now really slow (just like the old days)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 14 07:46:44 GMT 2008

David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
>     Have there been any changes in 3.2.x that would effect printing? It
> does seem to print once every conceivable timer in window times out, but
> were talking 120-150 seconds. Any Ideas?

Guys,

	I can confirm, this seems to be an XP only issue. Vista prints just fine to
the same server. I have also confirmed the XP behavior on 2 other boxes. In all
regards, the behavior is identical, printing basically freezes the application
and printer dialog (if open) for about 2.5 minutes until everything in XP times
out, then the documents will actually print, but not before you get the grayed
boxes and "application not responding" messages.

	What can I send you that would help solve this atavistic printing conundrum?
Just let me know and I'll be glad to help. Anything so my wife can print. When
she needs to print, it seems to be an "immediate" thing, every time...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC