[Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.2.1 Available for Download

George R. Kasica georgek at netwrx1.com
Wed Aug 13 20:54:35 GMT 2008

>On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:01:40 -0700, you wrote:

>Michael Adam wrote:
>
>> That is right: the link creation in source/bin is fixed,
>> but the installation of the links is still broken.
>>
>> It _is_ fixed in the v3-3-test branch which will be used for
>> 3.3.0 (scheduled for December). The changes to the Make file
>> and configure were just to profound to go into 3.2.X.
>
>If "make install" does not work correctly, it should be patched
>in 3.2.x I believe.  But I haven't followed the discussion thoroughly
>so feel to disregard this if it is out of context.

I'm just a lowly user/sysadmin out here with about 50-70 boxes running
samba not a developer, but I have to agree with Jerry - PLEASE fix the
install - we don't run off RPMS here and build/install from source
here and right now what we have is a package that doesn't install.

I realize that this is freeware but if it was a commercial product you
couldn't ship it with a broken install routine I don't think.....

George

--
===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 677 0766
President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
georgek at netwrx1.com
ICQ #12862186