[Samba] ldap.conf

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed Aug 13 00:18:27 GMT 2008

Thomas Vito wrote:
> I finally get it working just by adding the base dc and binddn stuff in
> ldap.conf
>
> I guess it is mandatory as i couldn't get samba working without it. MY
> question is: how come doesn't it figure in the documentation, it might be
> useful for beginners.

This has relatively little to do with samba, it is an NSS configuration
file. I've had a quick flick through the docs and I can't see any
explicit instructions on how to set up NSS, only things saying that is
needs to be done and that PADL nss_ldap is the preferred way of doing
it. Presumable PADL have their own docs.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>