[Samba] Re: Groups not showing in Win2K Control Panel "Users and Passwords"

Chris cjl at viptalk.net
Tue Aug 12 19:58:35 GMT 2008

That gets me looking in the right direction.  Thanks.

I added the domadmins group as outlined and set SMBRID, but "net sam
list groups" still shows no groups.  I wonder what the opern directory
criteria for a group to be listed there is.

Can anyone do a:

dscl -u [LDAP Node Admin] -P [LDAP Node Admin Password]  /
LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -read /Groups/groupname

for a leopard server group that DOES show up on the Windows client and
compare it with this:

# dscl -u odadmin -P xxxxx  /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -read /Groups/domadmins
dsAttrTypeNative:apple-generateduid: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-
XXXXXXXXXXXX
dsAttrTypeNative:cn: domadmins
dsAttrTypeNative:gidNumber: 99
dsAttrTypeNative:objectClass: posixGroup apple-group extensibleObject
top
dsAttrTypeNative:rid: 512
AppleMetaNodeLocation: /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1
GeneratedUID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
PasswordPlus: ********
PrimaryGroupID: 99
RecordName: domadmins
RecordType: dsRecTypeStandard:Groups
SMBRID: 512

Does "net sam list groups" show said group?