[Samba] Printer driver interface different

Matthew Forrest mforrest at ryerson.ca
Tue Aug 12 19:01:24 GMT 2008

On 12-Aug-08, at 9:45 AM, Martin Zielinski wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> The reason for the gui that is different from the local installation
> is a missing registry value.
> It's: "PrinterDriverData\DocUiHideFlags" REG_DWORD 000001
>
> I didn't succeed in copying the settings via printui.dll, but I
> wrote a little program to set the missing value. I think, this list
> cuts off the attachments, so I put it inline. If you cannot compile
> it, I can send you a binary as well.
>
> I can't test, if the printer will work as expected, cause I have no
> ricoh printer - but the GUI looks the same as the local installation.
>
> Greets,
> Martin

Adding that value to the registry on the samba server makes things
work much better.  Thanks!
I didn't get a chance to try the code as my access to a dev box is
limited right now.  I just used the registry editor to add the value
on the remote server.

It does not give any options to change the Job Type on the Job/Log tab.

What did you look at to find that particular entry?

Thanks,
Matt