[Samba] pdbedit will only add users to the local machine domain,

John T. Guthrie III guthrie at counterexample.org
Tue Aug 12 17:55:34 GMT 2008

I <guthrie at counterexample.org> wrote:
> Here is my PDC config:
>
> [global]
> workgroup = DOM1
> security = user
> encrypt passwords = yes
> passdb backend = tdbsam:/etc/samba/private/secrets.tdb
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> local master = yes
> os level = 33
> domain master = yes
> preferred master = yes

I just had a thought.  I was wondering if my the location of my tdbsam is
the problem.  I am noticing that the "net getdomainsid" and
"net setdomainsid" commands are still writing to the default tdbsam location
for my OS of /var/lib/samba/private/secrets.tdb.

Would this be causing any complications?

Thanks.

John Guthrie
guthrie at counterexample.org