[Samba] samba 3.2.1 as an AD member

Chris Jeter cjeter at sunflowerbroadband.com
Tue Aug 12 16:36:31 GMT 2008

I've recently upgraded to 3.2.1 to correct a spool count issue in the
version of samba that I was running. Now I'm having some problems with
AD integration. We do have other samba boxes (version 3.0.2) working
properly with this directory.

 I've been able to join the server to the AD with the net join ads
commands. It does show up in the correct OU as expected, net user and
group commands return directory user and group information though
winbind is unable to. a wbinfo -u fails with "Error looking up domain
users" and wbinfo -t fails with checking the trust secret via RPC calls
failed Could not check secret.
 I'm not sure if this is an issue from the upgrade or a
configuration problem. This is a Fedora 9 install, the upgrade was
from source as I couldn't find any rpms.

 testparm returns:
Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[print$]"
Loaded services file OK.
'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

and my smb.conf

[Global]

        loglevel = 1