[Samba] Locked account in BDC

Diego Woitasen diegows at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:12:57 GMT 2008

Hi,
  I have two Samba/LDAP servers as Domain Controlers in a PDC/BDC
configuration. My problem is when an account is locked and I unlock it
in LDAP (using GOSA), the "L" flag is removed and replicated to the
slave LDAP, but the account remains locked in Samba BDC. I'll explain
it with commands:

[root at PDC samba]# pdbedit -L lvinay -v | grep -i flags
Account Flags:        [UX         ]

[root at BDC samba]# pdbedit -L lvinay -v | grep -i flag
Account Flags:        [ULX        ]

[root at PDC samba]#  /usr/local/openldap/bin/ldapsearch -D
'cn=manager,dc=foo,dc=com,dc=ar' -w xxxx uid=user -x sambaAcctFlags
sambaAcctFlags: [U X        ]

[root at BDC samba]#  /usr/local/openldap/bin/ldapsearch -D
'cn=manager,dc=foo,dc=com,dc=ar' -w xxxx uid=user -x sambaAcctFlags
sambaAcctFlags: [U X        ]

[root at PDC samba]# smbd -V
Version 3.0.31

[root at BDC samba]# smbd -V