[Samba] HPUX and Samba 3.023 question

Casey Dearcorn casey.dearcorn at northwestcollege.edu
Mon Aug 11 21:25:54 GMT 2008

I am sorry if this sounds dumb, but I am sort of a newbie with samba.

We have upgraded our active directory domain servers to 2008 and samba
3.07 will not bind to the directory anymore.  I have been told that I
need to upgrade past 3.022 in order to make it work?  First of all is
this true?  Second, when I went to install it and run it there is an
error that it can not find libldap-2.2.so.  I am assuming this is for
the HPUX IXOPENLDAP, but I am not sure.  In either case I can not find
this version to install.  I don't want to mess my box up, but I would
like to get my samba running correctly again.  Can anyone give me any
advice or information?

Casey Dearcorn

Database Manager

Northwest College