[Samba] ACL -Manage with Windows security tab?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 13:07:43 GMT 2008

> security = ads
> passdb backend = tdbsam
>

>  password server = server01.mydomain.local
>  realm = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
>  idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
>  idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
>  template shell = /bin/bash
>  winbind use default domain = yes
>  winbind enum users = yes
>  obey pam restrictions = yes
>

> I will test what you pasted above in a VM.

If you are using ads then what I posted would need modified. I got to
that point because without the idmap setup I was getting could not
allocate uid and allocate gid messages in my samba logs. It took a lot
of debugging to determine that the idmaping was not working correctly.
Also wbinfo --allocate-uid  and wbinfo --allocate-gid both failed.

This may not be what is causing your problem at all. I would suggest
turning your log level up to 10 stopping samba deleting all log files
then restart samba and trying the xp properties quickly after that so
that you can easily see what errors are being generated in the logs.

John