[Samba] Re: [acl] setting user/group permissions from windows

Heiko Harders heiko.harders at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 12:25:33 GMT 2008

I found the solution for my problem.
The first time I installed samba, I didn't have the header files for
acl installed (libacl1-dev). But after I installed them I did a

configure --with-acl-support
make
make install

This didn't work for me. But I gave it another try, but now I first did a

make clean

Before I configure/make/make installed samba.
Is this default behavior? Or could it be a bug?

Greetings,
Heiko