[Samba] Samba 3.2.0 in Debian "lenny"

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Thu Aug 7 12:31:55 GMT 2008

Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle at debian.org):

> > As you wish, but there are several significant bugs
> > (with printing for one) that have been fixed for the
> > 3.2.1 release.
>
> Yeah. I definitely know that. But, in that case, I'm just one of the
> dozens Debian developers and I have no power to enforce a new release
> of my pet software in Debian stable if this is something that's not
> "allowed" by our work method.

For the record, please note that Steve Langasek just asked for a
freeze exception for Samba so that we can get 3.2.1 in lenny.

As Steve is very well known for being someone who doesn't take
decisions very lightly and also because he took great care in writing
a very good mail to request this....and also because he was in the
past one of the Release Managers in Debian, there is a good hope that
a free exception can be granted by our release managers.