FW: [Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.2.1 Available for Download

James Kosin JKosin at intcomgrp.com
Wed Aug 6 13:07:45 GMT 2008

Michael Adam wrote:
> James Kosin wrote:
>> Changes since 3.2.0
>> - -------------------
>>

>> o   Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org>
>>    * BUG 5608: Fix link creation for libtalloc.so.1 (and friends) on
>>      Solaris 8.
>>    * BUG 5594: Fix "make test" by adding and using a new testparm
>>      switch "--skip-logic-checks".
>>    * Fix creation of libaddns.a, libsmbclient.a and libsharemodes.a.
>>    * Update the section about net conf in the net(8) manpage.
>>    * Improve processing of registry shares.
>>    * Fix listing of registry shares with testparm.
>>    * Fix several build issues.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> The installation is still broken.  The symbolic links are not
>> copied/installed during the install procedure.  As a result, the user

>> still may need to create the symbolic links to the libraries.
>>
>> James Kosin
>
> That is right: the link creation in source/bin is fixed, but the
> installation of the links is still broken.
>
> It _is_ fixed in the v3-3-test branch which will be used for 3.3.0
> (scheduled for December). The changes to the Make file and configure
> were just to profound to go into 3.2.X.
>
> Another reason for not picking the changes for 3.2.X is that packagers

> already have their workarounds for 3.2.0.
>
> If people complain strongly enough, we could of course re-consider
> adding them for 3.2.2... :-)
>
> Cheers - Michael

Thanks.

I was wrapping my own packages.  I have an older FC1 box that I just
can't go an update to the latest crazy release.  Have a workaround
myself; only it isn't very elegant.  I have to go back and check the
versions before committing the final package.  Just not very automatic;
but, it does work.

Thanks again for everyone's great work.

Maybe I can still find a bug or two before the 3.2.2 release.  But, I
doubt it; since, I don't really push samba very hard.

James Kosin

--
PS: Sorry about the last post. The attached copy did not make the list.