[Samba] [ANNOUNCE] Samba 3.2.1 Available for Download

Michael Adam ma at sernet.de
Wed Aug 6 08:29:39 GMT 2008

James Kosin wrote:
> Changes since 3.2.0
> - -------------------
>

> o   Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org>
>    * BUG 5608: Fix link creation for libtalloc.so.1 (and friends) on
>      Solaris 8.
>    * BUG 5594: Fix "make test" by adding and using a new testparm
>      switch "--skip-logic-checks".
>    * Fix creation of libaddns.a, libsmbclient.a and libsharemodes.a.
>    * Update the section about net conf in the net(8) manpage.
>    * Improve processing of registry shares.
>    * Fix listing of registry shares with testparm.
>    * Fix several build issues.
>
> ---
>
> The installation is still broken.  The symbolic links are not
> copied/installed during the install procedure.  As a result, the user still
> may need to create the symbolic links to the libraries.
>
> James Kosin

That is right: the link creation in source/bin is fixed,
but the installation of the links is still broken.

It _is_ fixed in the v3-3-test branch which will be used for
3.3.0 (scheduled for December). The changes to the Make file
and configure were just to profound to go into 3.2.X.

Another reason for not picking the changes for 3.2.X is that
packagers already have their workarounds for 3.2.0.

If people complain strongly enough, we could of course re-consider
adding them for 3.2.2... :-)

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <ma at sernet.de>  <obnox at samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9