[Samba] Does Samba only relies on POSIX groups ?

Jérémie Picaudé jpicaude at free.fr
Tue Aug 5 20:37:27 GMT 2008

Hello everyone,

I've set up a Samba Server as Domain Member of a domain, but it's not
the PDC. It uses winbind to get the user list from a Win 2k3 PDC.

I have also set up some shares, one called "Compta" which only persons
form the group "grp_compta" can reach.
In this directory there is a subdirectory called "Centres" that I would
like only a group called "grp_compta_centres" to reach.

I have some user that belong to the two groups (grp_compta has been set
up as the "Main Group" on the win 2k3 server). They can reach the
top-level directory, but cannot enter in grp_compta_centres, although
they are in the group that belongs the directory.

It seems that Samba only relies the POSIX group defined by the win server.

Is there any solution ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jérémie