[Samba] Samba 3.2.0 in Debian "lenny"

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Aug 5 15:36:22 GMT 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 08:48:53AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Having 3.2.1 (when it's released) will be much more difficult as that will
> require a freeze exception which the Debian release managers *will* be
> very reluctant to make, so I'm much less optimistic for this. Steve
> (Langasek) and I will need to be *very* convincing that Samba can be
> allowed for a freeze exception while many other important software
> can't..:-)

As you wish, but there are several significant bugs
(with printing for one) that have been fixed for the
3.2.1 release.

You have to start thinking of Samba as the Linux kernel,
we are now on a 6-monthly upgrade cycle, with minor bugfixes
inbetween every 2 months or so.

Remember, most people didn't test 3.2.0 at all before it
was released, so I'm actually quite pleased with the
quality of the release (congratulations to Karolin for
that !), but there are several issues that need a bugfix.

Jeremy.