[Samba] Samba 3.2.0 in Debian "lenny"

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Aug 5 06:48:53 GMT 2008

After several months of testing in the "experimental" branch of
Debian, samba 3.2.0 was uploaded to Debian "unstable" as of July 20th
2008 and entered the "testing" branch of the distribution as of August
1st.

As the "testing" branch is the future stable release of the Debian
distribution, this means that Samba 3.2.0 will be in the upcoming
release of Debian, codename "lenny".

That indeed happened just in time before the entire distribution was
frozen, in preparation for the release of Debian (which will happen
"when it's ready", of course).

Having 3.2.1 (when it's released) will be much more difficult as that will
require a freeze exception which the Debian release managers *will* be
very reluctant to make, so I'm much less optimistic for this. Steve
(Langasek) and I will need to be *very* convincing that Samba can be
allowed for a freeze exception while many other important software
can't..:-)