[Samba] Successfully running NT4 type domain on Samba 3.0 as PDC?

Jeff LePage Jeff.LePage at asg.com
Sat Aug 2 20:44:09 GMT 2008

The problem I'm seeing is this: 'getent group' does not return the domain groups.  Everything else seems to work fine.  However, when my domain members login from a linux client they don't get a group _name_, just a numerical gid.

How about on Ubuntu 8.04 (which comes with samba 3.0.28a)?  Anyone running a PDC with tdbsam?

Next question: how about LINUX clients? Is that working?

I'm going to set up a brand new virtual system with one Ubuntu 8.04 PDC (with tdbsam) backend, and a corresponding 8.04 client.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I may well have made some configuration error, and I think it's time to do a re-install.