[Samba] Samba & Vista

Steve Blackwell zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sat Aug 2 00:34:41 GMT 2008

Mike Eggleston <mikeeggl at mac.com> wrote:

> The change I made in my vista boxes is:

> Start->Run->secpol.msc<ENTER>
> Local Policies->Security Options

> set to:

> Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level->Send LM & NTLM -
> use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

> <OK>
> File->Exit

I found that I don't have secpol.msc on my Vista box.
I googled around and discovered that it is not supplied with the home
edition of Vista but that the same thing can be accomplished but
editing the registry. So I changed the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\control\LSA

from 3 to 2 (also tried all the other options) but I still get the same
error message:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Steve.