[Samba] Using LDAP, no PDC/BDC, for multiple samba servers

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Aug 1 19:32:28 GMT 2008

because you can only have one PDC.  BDCs will authenticate connections
against LDAP on the PDC, but you can have the BDCs use a replicated copy
of LDAP on the BDC to authenticate with if you have slow WAN links, etc.

the difference in smb.con is that the BDC's will have domain master =
no, and wins server = ip of PDC and wins support = no, and if on a
different subnet, local master = yes, if on same subnet, local master = no