[Samba] Samba 3.0.31 stills fails to read and write to socket.

Jose Santiago Oyervides joseoyervides at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:50:48 GMT 2008

Hi Jeremy,

I think i could be DNS resolution like you say, since this problem only
happens with accounts from other domains. I have had troubles in the past in
order to get DNS resolution to work, because this server also has a public
postfix server, so If I configured the internal DNS the external resolution
didn't work and viceversa, in order to cope with this issue I configured and
internal DNS server with both internal and external resolution and that
seemed to work.

If I ping the domain controllers from any another domain it responds very
fast, since I have all DC's in /etc/hosts and /etc/samba/lmhosts and in my
nsswitch.conf I have configured this:   hosts: files wins dns winbind and in
/etc/samba/smb.conf I have name resolve order=lmhosts wins bcast.

Would it help if I configured the Ip address in my krb5.conf for all domains
instead of their name? Why in /var/lib/samba/smb_krb5 is only created
krb5.conf.MYDOMAIN and not the file for the others domains? May be this has
somethng to do...
Regards,
Jose Santiago Oyervides.