[Samba] Troubles with PDC move

Aaron Johnson aaronjohnson at ajserver.com
Fri Aug 1 15:34:57 GMT 2008

Adam Williams wrote:
> have to load the user's NTUSER.DAT as administrator in redegit, click
> on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHONE, then under file, click load hive, load their
> NTUSER.DAT, name it something, right click, permissions, amke sure it
> has DOMAIN\USER for the person that should own it.  if not, you can
> add permissions for that user.  then unload hive, put their NTUSER.DAT
> back, and try logging in as that user again and see what happens.  one
> way to see if you have a registry permission problem is to right click
> on their my documetns and change the target to z:\my documents or
> whatever drive letter you have available.  if it works, you don't have
> a registry permissions problem, if it says unable to change target,
> then you do and will have to do the hive proceedure to fix it.
I attempted this test and I get back "The location you requested is not
allowed as a target.  Please choose a new location."  I was attempting
to change from the default C:\... to the H:\ (network user "Home"
drive)  Is this the error message you are referring to?

Also I did then try the hive fix and that did not help, I appeart to
have this issue with ALL of the accounts I am trying to move, any advice
on why they all would have crashed?

Aaron