[Samba] Using LDAP, no PDC/BDC, for multiple samba servers

Soohoon Lee soohoon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:59:00 GMT 2008

Thanks all
This is my smb.conf
[global]
        dos charset = UTF-8
        workgroup = DOMSMB
        security = user
        allow trusted domains = No
        password server = NULL
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://10.17.124.190/
        max log size = 50
        load printers = No
        stat cache = No
        os level = 10
        dns proxy = No
        ldap suffix = dc=my-domain,dc=com
        ldap user suffix = ou=Users
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
        ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com
        ldap ssl = no

And I like to make multiple samba servers to share single LDAP server
without using domain controller feature.
I'm getting feeling that pure LDAP server is for single samba server or the
LDAP server should have samba DC to serve multiple samba servers?

Thanks,
Soohoon.