[Samba] Querying FS Device types

Shlomi Yaakobovich Shlomi at exanet.com
Wed Apr 30 13:50:08 GMT 2008

Hi,

I noticed that in call_trans2qfsinfo samba doe not really answer
correctly to a SMB_QUERY_FS_DEVICE_INFO request. Current reply is
translated into an "unknown" device type (0). Naturally Windows
implements this - in one occasion I saw a Windows Server report the
device to be a mounted Disk device.

Two questions come to mind:
1. Does this affect anything ?  Has anyone ever reported issues with
this ?
2. Is the implementation of this request planned for any future versions
?

I haven't seen any problem with it, just out of curiosity...

Shlomi Yaakobovich, CIFS Architect - R&D Core Technologies
www.exanet.com