[Samba] Samba 3.2.0-pre3 packages in Debian - version of Samba in Debian lenny

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Apr 29 14:23:48 GMT 2008

Quoting Gerald (Jerry) Carter (jerry at samba.org):

> Christian,
>
> | Debian entered the freeze stage for lenny on April 1st.
>
> Wow!  A 5 month freeze before release?  I guess I can
> understand for a distro but that seems a bit excessive.

Well, etch freeze started on Aug. 1st 2006 and etch was released on
Apr 8th 2007, so 5 months is actually *short*..:-)

For people interested in such stuff, here's the release schedule:

Early March 2008
  Very soft freeze
    Please start thinking about the release when uploading new major
        upstream versions. Only upload to unstable if you are sure that
        the software will be stable before we release. If you are not
        convinced, use experimental as staging area.

  Freeze of release goal list
    We will announce the final list of release goals and report about
    the progress made in each area. At this point, goals which look
    too hard to complete for lenny will be removed from the list (and
    automatically put on the list for lenny+1)

  Start of the second BSP marathon for Lenny
    See below for more information about this, but you can and should
    help with it.

Early April 2008
  Freeze of the essential toolchain

Mid of June 2008
  Freeze of the non-essential toolchain and all libraries
    The "non-essential toolchain" means things like debhelper, cdbs
    and a big chunk of other things usually needed to produce binary
    packages.

Mid of July 2008
  Full freeze
    Please don't wait with uploads for the last day before the freeze,
    thanks.

September 2008
  Release lenny!