[Samba] Samba segs when serving files from a windows partition on OpenBSD-4.2

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:06:18 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Edd Barrett <vext01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am willing to test patches. I may have a prod about in the source at
>  some point, but you guys can probably diagnose and fix the fault a
>  whole load better than I can. I have never looked at the samba source
>  before.

It turns out OpenBSD-current has some patches to fix this problem
which came from FreeBSD, just after the release of 4.2.

Is the samba team interested in taking the patches upstream?

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/net/samba/patches/patch-lib_iconv.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/net/samba/patches/patch-lib_replace_repdir_getdirentries_c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

--

Best Regards