[Samba] Planning to start a new server

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Mon Apr 28 13:34:26 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have a samba server which act as file/print/wins server and PDC with
ldap backend & ACL support  (samba-3.0.23).
I plan to start a new server which replace the old one.

My question is about the samba version, my first advice is the use
samba-3.0.28a.
But maybe is preferable to wait samba 3.2.0.

What type of bugs samba-3.0.28a have ?
The new sever will act as samba/print server and PDC with ldap backend &
ACL support .
wins server will be on other servers (samba4wins)

thanks

        Stéphane Purnelle

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467