[Samba] Maxtor NAS share problem

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Apr 25 02:24:36 GMT 2008

root is owing the files because the user root mounted the share.  if you
want to support unix file ownership in your rsync you should use NFS if
the unit supports that.  to change the group ownership, pass the -o
gid=some_group on your mount -t cifs command.  you can also use uid= and
to use both, -o uid=someone,gid=somegroup