[Samba] Samba server, works fine for several days, then load increases indefinately till server unavailable

Tue Apr 22 05:07:40 GMT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:13:28AM -0500, James A. Dinkel wrote:
> Anyway, the server will be fine and snappy for a week or so, then out of
> the blue, nobody can connect.  Top shows a few smbd processes maxing out
> the cpu and the load (which is usually < 1.0) gradually climbs up to 10,

I've seen this only when something like connections.tdb
became corrupt. With CentOS this is not likely, but reiserfs
did that to me fairly often. What filesystem are your tdbs
residing on? Maybe some other kernel-level problem like a
problematic driver in the path to the hard disk?

Volker