[Samba] Default ACL problem in new file

Carlos Gomez Gomez Brizulela cgomez.cu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:53:28 GMT 2008

Hello

I have a problem with Samba+ACL and create new file permision.

I have in smb.conf:

create mask = 664

and I have a default ACL of:

default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:group:smbadmins:rwx
default:group:pregrado:rwx
default:group:docentes:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

and I did  owner at vifiles:/SO$ touch touch.txt and ACL of new file create
good:

owner at vifiles:/SO$ getfacl touch.txt
# file: touch.txt
# owner: owner
# group: iusers
user::rw-
group::r-x                      #effective:r--
group:smbadmins:rwx             #effective:rw-
group:pregrado:rwx              #effective:rw-
group:docentes:rwx              #effective:rw-
mask::rw-
other::r--

Otherwise if I connect to the samba server (Ubuntu Client and nautilus) and
create new file (samba.txt), new ACL is not expect:

# file: samba.txt
# owner: owner
# group: iusers
user::rw-
group::r--
group:smbadmins:rwx
group:pregrado:rwx
group:docentes:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r--

Here, the execute bit is set on in the aditional groups. Why?
How can I solve it?

Sorry my English

Regards

  Carlos A.