[Samba] Samba Replication

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Apr 18 17:37:49 GMT 2008

what do you mean by local speed access?  you mean they need
100mbit/gigabit speed to their files?  are they streaming DVD rips?  if
both offices just need the same file share, look at DFS in samba.  rsync
is one way mirroring, have you looked at Unison (two way file syncing)
and croning it to run every minute?
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

what sort of speed are the remote offices to each other?  t1's or
dsl/cable?  you could just have one office also shared to the samba
share on office two.  but if its anything more then files over 100K in
size they'll notice a little latency.