[Samba] Samba PDC and Samba domain member - LDAP/Winbind/Idmap
stefan.dengscherz at gmx.net
Wed Apr 16 19:44:07 GMT 2008
I have the following scenario:
1x Samba PDC with LDAP backend
1x Samba member server
1x Samba member server (Openfiler)
However, I'm confused about Idmapping. I want to use ACLs on the PDC and
both member servers.
Are my thoughts correct?
- Samba member server knows the unix users through LDAP (added in
- Authentication when accessing a member server share is performed by
- ACLs won't work without a proper Idmapping backend setup (i want to
use LDAP for this) - how does Idmapping fit into here?
- Would it be possible to achieve my scenario with winbind?
- Could I spare the LDAP configuration on the member servers then?
Thanks in advance for enlightening me,
More information about the samba