[Samba] write list vs read list

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Mon Apr 14 13:21:29 GMT 2008

On Friday 11 April 2008 Chris Smith's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:

> [LABORATORIO_SMB]
>         comment           = Cartella privata Laboratorio
>         path              = /mnt/samba/lab_smb
>         browsable         = yes
>         valid users       = @laboratorio, @estero
>         write list        = @laboratorio
>         read only         = yes

No way! I've tried to change my configuration to the following:

[LABORATORIO_SMB]
        comment           = Cartella privata Laboratorio
        path              = /mnt/samba/lab_smb
        browsable         = yes
        available         = yes
        valid users       = @laboratorio, @estero, luca.ferrari
        write list        = @laboratorio
        read list         = @estero, luca.ferrari
        writable          = yes

but the testparm still says:

[LABORATORIO_SMB]
        comment = Cartella Laboratorio Sassuolo
        path = /mnt/samba/laboratorio_smb
        valid users = @laboratorio
        read list = @estero, luca.ferrari
        write list = @laboratorio
        force group = laboratorio
        read only = No

so the valid users property is not changed, and in fact I'm not able to log in
to the share with an account not belonging to the laboratorio group.
Is there something I can check or do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks,
Luca