[Samba] loss of trust?

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Thu Apr 10 15:27:26 GMT 2008

Last night in I lost power to my building and all my servers. This
morning while recovering from the outage I have four Windows XP boxes
that when a user attempted to log into the box using a domain account
served from a Samba PDC, the windows box complained saying something like
'loss of trust with the domain controller'. My solution (which worked)
is to remove the offending windows box from my samba pdc domain, then
add the offending windows box back to the samba pdc domain. After these
steps the user could log in without error.

My question is why the loss of trust?

Mike

Fedora Core 5

$ rpm -qa | grep samba