[Samba] Samba Slow for Shared App.

Thu Apr 10 06:51:24 GMT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 06:51:38PM -0400, eric wrote:
> I tried fiddling with the following parameters without any noticeable
> difference no matter what I do except in the case of the socket options.
> The setting you see below, commented out, causes file copying to/from the
> samba server to run much faster than if I put the setting back in.
>
> ;oplocks = false
> ;level2oplocks = false
> ;socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192

Oplocks shouldn't make any difference here at all, if
multiple users open a file, oplocks are broken anyway. In
the case of DLLs, it might be that you end up with level 2
oplocks, but I've seen different behaviour.

The socket options -- I have no clue why people still
cripple their TCP stacks with such small 8k buffers....

Volker