[Samba] Samba 3.0.24 handling LDAP responses incorrectly

Wed Apr 9 11:10:35 GMT 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 10:10:18AM -0400, Ryan Steele wrote:

> I'm using ldapsam:ldap://server as my passdb backend, so I'm not sure
> why it's showing the user this message instead.  I see I can edit the
> values that Samba is showing the user with pdbedit, but I shouldn't need
> to edit that - my password policy is defined in LDAP, and those are the
> message I'd like the users to see.

How are these policies exactly defined in LDAP? Are they
visible for LDAP clients?

If they are visible, then we might have a chance to return
them to the client, although this would require coding. If
they are defined in some LDAP server config file that is not
visible to Samba, then we can't export those to the client.

Volker