[Samba] Hosts leaving domain without reasons...

Bruno BEAUFILS bruno.beaufils at lifl.fr
Wed Apr 9 09:50:18 GMT 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 02:18:56PM -0500, Ivan Arteaga wrote:
> Hello Bruno,
>
> Unfortunately i am not writing you to tell you how to get ride of this
> problem, in fact i am having the same problem and i was wondering if you
> already fix it. I have search every possible forum in the net and no
> fix. In the list i see no one answer your query.
>
> I will appreciate your comments.

We changed the value of some keys in the register of ours Windows XP Pro
clients.

Just for information these clients are just VMware images, it is thus easy for
us to change that, after modifying the image, on all hosts quickly with the
help of udpcast [1].

Here are the keys before our modification...

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\DisablePasswordChange:
		0x00000000

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\maximumpasswordage:
		0x0000001E (30 days)

...and after :

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\DisablePasswordChange:
		0x00000001

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\maximumpasswordage:
		0x0000003E7 (999 days)

I copy the content of a reg file into this mail (our mailserver do not want to
send *.reg file) which you just have to merge with your registre on your
clients to fix that keys.

--8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001
"maximumpasswordage"=dword:000003e7
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000001
"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000