[Samba] Re: How to create a write-only share?

Ash Gosh gosha.asha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:28:20 GMT 2008

It seems to be too complex for me. I'll share my config, please tell me what
also I need to do:

parts from smb.conf:
================================
nt acl support = yes
acl compatibility = win2k
map acl inherit = yes
[michael]
   path = /home/shared/michael
   valid users = +users
   read only = no
   admin users = +wheel
[roman]
   path = /home/shared/roman
   valid users = +users
   read only = no
   admin users = +wheel

================================

FS:

[root at fs shared]# ls -ld michael roman
drwxrwx---+ 3 michael wheel 4096 Apr  4 22:13 michael
drwxrwx---+ 4 roman   sales 4096 Apr  4 22:12 roman

[root at fs shared]# getfacl michael
# file: michael
# owner: michael
# group: wheel
user::rwx
user:michael:rwx
group::---
group:wheel:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:michael:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:wheel:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---
[root at fs shared]# getfacl roman
# file: roman
# owner: roman
# group: sales
user::rwx
user:roman:rwx
group::---
group:wheel:rwx
group:sales:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:roman:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:wheel:rwx
default:group:sales:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

What also I have to do to allow every member of group 'users' to drag'n'drop
ot paste any file/folder into the michael but do not allow to read or evet
to list the share contents. On Windows NT 4.0 server it was done by adding a
"Add" permission for group 'users' to shared folder. Please help me, our
users is near to kill me!!!