[Samba] Samba 3.0.24 handling LDAP responses incorrectly

Mon Apr 7 19:24:31 GMT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 03:19:00PM -0400, Ryan Steele wrote:
> It's not defined in my Samba source, but I guess that was the wrong
> place to look.  On my system, /usr/include/ldap.h does in fact have that
> defined.  However, Samba still returns NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, and
> Windows still  reports that the password couldn't be changed because the
> domain was unavailable... have I zigged where I should've zagged, or is
> Samba not setting rc properly when it gets the response from LDAP?

Please check that your LDAP server indeed does return 0x13
over the 389 connection. You might also add a DEBUG
statement right above the #if defined(LDAP_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION)
to check what smbd sees. That's at least what I would do.

Volker