[Samba] Re: How to create a write-only share?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Mon Apr 7 09:29:27 GMT 2008

Ash Gosh wrote:
>> I need to create a share that will be readoble by root only (by owner) and
>> writeable for all.
Real easy. We did it to create a "quarantine share" for Windows AV
agents to move viruses to. The share is world-writable - but not
readable by anyone

You simply create a share and set the following smb.conf settings

[sharename]
  path = /dir
  read only = No
        create mask = 0333
        directory mask = 0333
        guest ok = Yes

Then if the actual directory is 1777, then anyone can write to it. Of
course you can always fiddle with those perms to suit...

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417