[Samba] ZFS shadow copy patches

Ed Plese ed at edplese.com
Sat Apr 5 06:59:30 GMT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:
>  I was wondering if there was any news on the patches proposed by Ed Plese
>  last year regarding updates for shadow copies to be better compatible with
>  Solaris ZFS:

Despite having only few minor changes to make to the patches, various
circumstances delayed the process and I never got back to it to get it
finished up and resubmitted for inclusion.  I finished this up tonight
and sent it off to the developer that had previously reviewed the
patches.

There's a new shadow_copy2 module in Samba 3.2 that has much of the
functionality of the enhancements I'd been working on for the existing
shadow copy module.

Ed Plese