[Samba] Urgent... winbind and keytab file creation

Oliver Weinmann oliver.weinmann at vega.de
Wed Apr 2 09:47:18 GMT 2008

not yet? does it create a keytab file?

i tested the same thing on rhel4 with MIT kerberos and here it creates the krb5.keytab file under /etc/krb5.keytab i then linked it to /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab and now i can see all the keys with klist -k, but i can't use them:

[root at rhel4wbtest2 etc]# klist -k
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
KVNO Principal
   2 host/rhel4wbtest2.vegagroup.net at VEGAGROUP.NET
   2 host/rhel4wbtest2.vegagroup.net at VEGAGROUP.NET
   2 host/rhel4wbtest2.vegagroup.net at VEGAGROUP.NET
   2 host/RHEL4WBTEST2 at VEGAGROUP.NET
   2 RHEL4WBTEST2$@VEGAGROUP.NET
   2 RHEL4WBTEST2$@VEGAGROUP.NET
   2 RHEL4WBTEST2$@VEGAGROUP.NET

[root at rhel4wbtest2 etc]# kinit -k host/rhel4wbtest2.vegagroup.net
kinit(v5): Cannot find KDC for requested realm while getting initial credentials