[Samba] Problem with cups print job name

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Wed Apr 2 00:05:14 GMT 2008

For some time I had been running samba 3.0.10 from RHEL4. I have a samba
-> cups -> pdf printer set up which uses the user supplied job name for
the output file. The job name was formatted like this "smbprn.00001020
Microsoft Word - Test.doc".

Since then, RHEL have updated to samba 3.0.25. The job name supplied to
cups is now a random string of characters like "smbprn.00001512.hFG4Qi".

Does anyone know if there is there a way to get the old behavior back?

Thanks

John.

--
John Newbigin