[Samba] trouble with logging Windows XP pro in samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 1 01:08:43 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 17:51 +0000, BIGEY Dany wrote:
> Hello Everybody
> First I want to said thanks for the great job you've been done with samba4.
>
> I'm french and I live in Reunion Island near South Africa.
>
> Sorry if i'm english is wrong lol.
>
> Here my trouble.
>
> I follow the how to on the wiki samba.
>
> I successfully join the domain I create.
>
> But when I try to log a user on windows xp ( create via swat and configure in 2003 active directory) I get an error like username or password is wrong.
>
> On samba, when I chek log I can see this error : Kerberos: Failed to decrypt PA-data.
>
> I take some information on net about windows encrypted method and kerberos/heimdal.
>
> I would like to know if their an option or a configuration file for change encryption method if is really this kind of problem.

What is in your /etc/krb5.conf?

> In the other case someone can tell me what it's the trouble?

A few people have been reporting similar issues.

Aside from checking with the current code (alpha3 was just released),
and a fresh provision, I can't help at the moment.

BTW, while Samba4 is in alpha, bug reports can best be addressed to the
samba-technical list.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett