[Samba] wbinfo -u fails on RHEL5

herman herman at aeronetworks.ca
Sun Sep 30 22:20:14 GMT 2007

Matthew Nelson wrote:
> make sure that you have ntp setup to sync with your DC and do a 'net time
> set'
I'm aware of the Kerberos time requirements and do a 'net time set -S
w.x.y.z' with the ADS from cron.hourly, so this is not the issue.  I can
join the domain, which uses Kerberos, so Kerberos is happy.  I can also
do 'kinit username at DOMAINNAME', but 'smbclient -k ...' fails, 'wbinfo
-u' returns nothing and login doesn't work since the username isn't found.

I'm beginning to suspect that it is an ADS configuration issue and has
something to do with how I define security groups, which causes winbindd
to blow up.  So, I'm going to try the latest version of Samba and see
how that goes, if I can just figure out how to compile the thing with
the options that RedHat needs.

Anyhoo, glad to hear that it is stable for you, so it must be something
I do different in the configuration.

Cheers,

H.