[Samba] re: guest not permitted to access share

Matthew Nelson mjn at traversebaycomputers.com
Fri Sep 28 13:27:26 GMT 2007

Jacek,

Take a look at the 'map to guest' option.  Perhaps 'map to guest = Bad
Password' might solve this problem for you.

Hi!

I have got the problem with my guest account. I can`t access to the share.

The OS is Centos 5 Linux 2.6.18-8.1.10.el5 #1 SMP
Version of krb5 is 1.5-29

This is my smb.conf:

[global]
# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
netbios name = SERVER

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
workgroup = DOMAIN
realm = DOMAIN.NET
security = ADS
password server = server.domain.net
winbind separator = +
allow trusted domains = No
# auth methods = guest sam winbind
idmap backend = idmap_rid:INFORNET=1000-65000
idmap uid = 1000-65000
idmap gid = 1000-65000
template shell = /bin/bash
# template homedir = /home/ad/%D/%U
winbind use default domain = Yes
winbind enum users = No
winbind enum groups = No
winbind nested groups = Yes
#client use spnego = no
#server signing = auto
# this tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine
# that connects
log file = /var/log/samba/%I.log
log level = 3
# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
max log size = 500
smb ports = 139
guest account = guest
encrypt passwords = yes