[Samba] smbldap-useradd problem

Quinn Fissler qfissler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 08:45:14 GMT 2007

Have you changed your SID?

net getlocalsid

Maybe you have a different SID in ldap to that configured in smbldap
such that the group lookups fail.

The differences between using the net command and using smbldap tools include;

## Bind credentials:
With smbldap you bind directly to the ldap server using the
credentials in the smbldap_bind.conf
If you use the net command (and others) it uses nss_ldap (using either
anonymous bind or the credentials in /etc/ldap.conf or
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf)

## SID lookup
The net command looks in ldap or tdb for the SID whereas with smbldap
you can set the SID explicitly in smbldap.conf - ensure that it's
correct.